Xperi Corporation to Showcase Latest Technologies at Mobile World Congress 2019
Update (May 16, 2019): The term “false-recognition rate” has been updated to “false-reject rate.” All other information throughout this post remains correct.
SAN JOSE, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Xperi Corporation (Nasdaq:XPER) (“Xperi”) will showcase its latest mobile imaging, audio and semiconductor solutions from its brands, FotoNation, DTS and Invensas at Mobile World Congress 2019, February 25-28, in Barcelona. The Xperi booth will be located in the Fira Gran Via’s Hall 1, Stand 1E60. Company executives and demonstrations for media and analysts are available by appointment.
“We are proud to highlight the latest imaging and audio solutions that enable our partners to deliver extraordinary experiences for people around the world, from immersive audio for gamers to 3D face recognition for mobile devices,” said Jon Kirchner, CEO of Xperi. “As the demand for increased protection and customization on mobile devices continues to grow and impact the market, we are especially excited about FotoNation’s FaceSafe, a leading-edge technology that is tackling these challenges to provide secure, class-leading user experiences along with cost savings for OEMs.”
Building on a 20-year legacy in imaging, FotoNation, a global leader in computer vision and computational photography, will demonstrate solutions that understand, enhance and identify key attributes in images and videos so consumers can take better selfies, capture clearer, more stable video, and feel secure with highly accurate face identification. FotoNation will showcase its latest technologies at MWC, including:
- FaceSafe™ – FaceSafe is FotoNation’s 3D face recognition solution for mobile devices. It combines a low false acceptance rate (FAR) and low single-digit false reject rate (FRR) with attention detection and high-performance anti-spoofing technologies that protect against print, video and 3D mask attacks. FaceSafe is designed to support a variety of 3D depth-sensing systems and is the first commercially-available solution utilizing a time of flight sensor. It is based on neural network technologies working together to deliver a seamless user experience from enrollment to authentication. FaceSafe is deployed securely within the smartphone with no need for cloud storage, providing peace of mind to users about the security of their biometric data. FaceSafe demonstrations running on a smartphone equipped with a pmdtechnologies time-of-flight sensor will be available at the Xperi booth.
- 3D Portrait – FotoNation’s 3D portrait enhancement technology pairs 3D sensing with AI-based face understanding to allow users to create professional grade lighting and feature enhancements with the press of the shutter button to deliver superior portraits and selfies from smartphones. FotoNation’s live preview 3D relighting mode provides users with real-time feedback, allowing them to change the light source position to deliver more flattering and professional-looking selfies and portraits. Two versions of the solution are available for smartphones: the first can be paired with any type 3D sensor using the available depth information to isolate the subject, the second uses additional machine learning to isolate subjects in 2D cameras.
- Body and Face Analytics – FotoNation has expanded its image analytics portfolio to include body detection and segmentation to enable new interaction and enhancement possibilities. For instance, the ability to identify body poses and gestures or track a person allows for various uses, such as enabling superior photo background processing, in-car passenger monitoring, and smart home interfacing. FotoNation’s hybrid and scalable software and hardware implementation delivers intelligent imaging capabilities in any embedded device for outstanding user experiences.
- IrisXR™ – Highly secure, and with state-of-the-art liveness detection to prevent spoofing, IrisXR is an iris authentication product targeted for the AR, VR and MR markets. Iris recognition is the only private authentication method that can link the physical and the digital user in the xR space.
- Gaze Tracking – Near-field gaze tracking is a game changer in relation to visual fidelity, interface design and interactivity in the xR field. Targeting AR, VR and MR markets, gaze tracking is a platform-agnostic solution that focuses on performance by combining a unique eye model with a single-degree tracking precision under any illumination conditions.
PC and mobile gaming continue to drive excitement and adoption of new gaming-focused devices to meet the rising consumer demand. These devices continually require new, more powerful solutions to meet gamers’ expectations for believability and immersion when they play. Xperi is proud to showcase these DTS audio solutions specifically targeted at the gaming market at MWC:
- DTS Headphone:X ® 2.0 (for Gaming Headphones) – The latest-generation DTS Headphone:X technology is designed with gamers in mind. Building on market-tested, user-approved 3D virtualization, DTS has worked with the world’s top headphone companies to introduce new features including proximity cues and support for channel-based, scene-based and object-based audio.
- DTS:X ® Ultra (for Windows and Android) – DTS’ most immersive audio experience for games, VR and AR now supports immersive 3D virtualization on both headphones and speakers. Leveraging the same technology found in high-end gaming headphones, DTS:X Ultra technology enables consumers to experience truly believable sound to recreate a console-quality gaming experience at home or on the go. The product includes support for Hi-Res Audio, personal listening profiles and improved loudness and dynamics to help gamers find their competition first.
- DTS:X ® Game Audio – The DTS:X Game Audio logo is a new audio quality mark. Games that feature this mark will let consumers know that an immersive audio mix is included and is best experienced with a DTS:X Ultra or DTS Headphone:X-enabled PC, mobile phone or tablet.
- DTS:X ® Premium – Designed for consumers who value high-resolution audio and prefer an extraordinary listening experience through mobile devices, DTS:X Premium technology provides the best possible immersive experience for stereo or multi-channel music, movies and more. DTS:X Premium delivers up to 7.1 channels of surround sound and includes four configurable content presets.
DTS Play-Fi® technology will also be demonstrated at MWC. DTS Play-Fi continues to be the world’s largest open platform for wireless multi-room audio, with more than 200 products on the market from more than 30 global brands. The technology enables lossless multi-room wireless audio streaming from the world’s most popular music services, as well as personal music libraries, on any supported product. Additionally, DTS Play-Fi technology features advanced functionalities like wireless surround sound, stereo pairing, music station presets, wireless multi-room audio, and A/V synchronization.
Invensas’ DBI® and ZiBond® 3D semiconductor integration technologies are foundational for next-generation electronics. DBI is a low temperature hybrid direct bonding technology that allows semiconductor wafers or die to be bonded with exceptionally fine pitch 3D electrical interconnect. ZiBond is a low temperature homogenous direct bonding technology that forms strong bonds between semiconductor wafers or die with same or different coefficients of thermal expansion. Products employing these technologies are found in smartphones, tablets, laptops, cameras, televisions and gaming consoles, as well as in industrial, automotive and IoT electronic devices. Product experts will be available to showcase Invensas solutions at MWC.
For more information about Xperi and its subsidiaries, please visit www.xperi.com.
About Xperi Corporation
Xperi Corporation (Nasdaq: XPER) and its brands, DTS, FotoNation, HD Radio, Invensas and Tessera, are dedicated to creating innovative technology solutions that enable extraordinary experiences for people around the world. Xperi’s solutions are licensed by hundreds of leading global partners and have shipped in billions of products in areas including premium audio, automotive, broadcast, computational imaging, computer vision, mobile computing and communications, memory, data storage, and 3D semiconductor interconnect and packaging. For more information, please call 408-321-6000 or visit www.xperi.com.
DTS, FotoNation, HD Radio, Invensas, Xperi and their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of affiliated companies of Xperi Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other company, brand and product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
SOURCE: XPERI CORPORATION
The Brand Amp
Eric Ansel, +1 949-981-1350
Jordan Miller, +1 818-436-1082
Xperi Investor Relations:
Geri Weinfeld, +1 818-436-1231
Source: XPERI CORPORATION