Xperi Corporation to Showcase Latest Technologies From Its Family of Brands at CES 2018
SAN JOSE, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)– Xperi Corporation (Nasdaq: XPER) (“Xperi”) is proud to present its latest audio, imaging and semiconductor bonding solutions from its subsidiaries, DTS, HD Radio, FotoNation and Invensas, at CES 2018, January 9-12 in Las Vegas. The Xperi booth will be in the Las Vegas Convention Center’s North Hall, #5624, and company executives are available by appointment to provide technology demos at the Renaissance and Elara hotels.
“We are proud to highlight the latest updates and partner implementation progress across all of our brands and technologies,” said Jon Kirchner, CEO, Xperi. “In 2018, Xperi will continue to innovate and expand its reach through DTS, FotoNation, HD Radio and Invensas, and deliver on our promise to enable extraordinary experiences for people around the world.”
DTS continues to expand its commitment to the immersive audio experience at home, with new partner products and services integrating DTS Virtual:X™, DTS:X®, and DTS-HD® technologies, as well as DTS® Play-Fi® whole-home wireless audio technology. Demos of DTS audio solutions for the home at the Renaissance are by appointment only. Partners showcasing products with DTS solutions at CES include:
- Amazon – The Phorus PS10 DTS Play-Fi smart speaker with Amazon Alexa functionality.
- Creative Labs – The X5 sound bar with DTS:X technology.
- Denon – New A/V receivers with DTS:X and DTS Virtual:X technology.
- Emotiva – The RMC-1 A/V processor with DTS:X technology.
- Hisense – The HS512 sound bar with DTS:X technology.
- LG – Adopting the DTS-HD codec in its UHD and full HD TVs in 2018, as well as introducing DTS Virtual:X technology into a new sound bar, model SK6Y, and select televisions that will launch in Europe, the Middle East and Asia in 2018.
- Marantz – New A/V receivers with DTS:X and DTS Virtual:X technology.
- Nakamichi – The Shockwafe Ultra 9.2-channel sound bar system and the Shockwafe Elite 7.2-channel sound bar feature DTS:X technology.
- Onkyo – New 2018 A/V receivers including DTS:X and DTS Play-Fi technology. (Note: DTS Play-Fi technology is in select new A/V receivers)
- Pioneer and Pioneer Elite – New 2018 A/V receivers with DTS:X technology and DTS Play-Fi. (Note: DTS Play-Fi technology is in select new A/V receivers)
- Sony – A new line-up of DTS:X-enabled A/V receivers for 2018, as well as the award-winning HT-ST5000 sound bar with DTS:X technology.
- Soundcast – The VG10, the world’s first wireless outdoor speaker enabled with DTS Play-Fi technology.
- SVS The Prime Wireless speaker system and the Prime Wireless SoundBase with DTS Play-Fi technology.
- Works with Amazon Alexa functionality for DTS Play-Fi technology – The Pioneer Elite Smart Speaker F4, Onkyo Smart Speaker P3 and the Phorus PS10 Smart Speaker now support Works with Amazon Alexa functionality, allowing consumers to control their wireless multi-room audio system from an Amazon Echo, Show or Dot. Additional DTS Play-Fi-enabled products, including the Klipsch Stream wireless multi-room audio lineup and products from Macintosh Labs, MartinLogan and THIEL Audio, will add the capability by the end of Q1 2018.
MOBILE, PC, AR/VR AND GAMING
DTS continues to expand its footprint with key partners across its offerings for gaming, AR/VR, PC and mobile products. New partnerships and partner demos at CES include:
- Osterhout Design Group (ODG) – Xperi’s advanced sensory signal processing, audio and imaging technologies, including DTS:X® Ultra 1.0 audio technology and depth sensing technology from FotoNation, enables an incredibly immersive experience on the new R-8 and R-9 Smartglasses from ODG. FotoNation’s depth sensing technology changes how users interact with their surroundings by delivering impressive visual realism in AR environments. DTS:X Ultra 1.0 technology virtualizes sounds and accurately represents sound sources in a 3D environment relative to the listener.
- vTime – DTS has partnered with vTime, a virtual meeting and collaboration space that works across all VR platforms available today. vTime allows a group of up to four people to meet virtually in simulated locations anywhere in the world. DTS® Custom technology for VR and AR provides a fantastic 3D audio experience for all vTime-supported devices, including Android (Samsung Gear VR powered by Oculus, Google Daydream), PC (HTC Vive, Oculus Rift) and Windows Mixed Reality.
Additionally, DTS is launching several new audio solutions, including:
- DTS Headphone:X® 2.0 for Gaming Headphones – The newest generation DTS Headphone:X 2.0 was designed with gamers in mind. Building on market-tested, user-approved 3D virtualization over headphones, DTS has made major improvements in the latest update, such as introducing proximity cues and support for channel-based, scene-based and object-based audio.
- DTS® Audio Processing 1.0 for Mobile Phones and Tablets – DTS Audio Processing 1.0 provides must-have post-processing, including dialog enhancement, optimized bass response and micro-speaker distortion prevention. DTS Audio Processing 1.0 also includes up to three configurable content preset modes to provide an amazing listening experience for any content type.
- DTS:X®Premium 1.0 for Mobile Phones and Tablets – For the best-sounding multi-channel audio for media playback, the DTS:X Premium 1.0 solution provides amazing 3D audio across multiple stereo modes and multi-channel support for up to 7.1 channels. It includes four configurable content presets and comes with the DTS-HD® Master Audio decoder, providing listeners access to a world of high quality content.
- DTS:X® Ultra 1.0 for PC and Mobile – This product represents DTS’ best immersive audio experience for games, VR and AR experiences. DTS:X Ultra supports 5.1 and 7.1 multi-channel audio, enables first-order ambisonics sound extraordinary and provides support for audio objects. Additionally, redesigned post-processing for speaker and headphone routes include enhanced bass response, an ultra-realistic head tracker and headphone tuning for up to six pre-loaded, featured headphones.
AUTOMOTIVE AND BROADCAST
HD Radio® technology delivers the high quality digital broadcast of local AM/FM stations. Forty automotive brands are currently shipping vehicles in North America equipped with HD Radio technology, and more than 45 million HD Radio receivers are on the road. More than 4,200 stations are broadcasting digital channels in North America and include additional features that do not exist through traditional analog broadcast, such as traffic and emergency alerts, program info and Artist Experience®.
The DTS Connected Radio™ platform combines both over-the-air analog/digital AM/FM radio content with IP-delivered content, creating an innovative AM/FM experience in vehicles. DTS Connected Radio receives metadata, such as artist and song title, directly from local radio broadcasters, which is then paired with IP-delivered content, creating an engaging in-vehicle hybrid radio experience. DTS Connected Radio is planned to be commercially available in the second half of 2018.
HD Radio and DTS Connected Radio broadcast technologies will be showcased at CES at Xperi’s booth in the LVCC North Hall, #5624, including:
- The latest HD Radio audio and data features will be on display from Mercedes, Hyundai, Volvo, Honda, Fiat Chrysler and Subaru.
- The latest home, portable and aftermarket products with HD Radio solutions from leading manufacturers including Alpine, Pioneer, Kenwood, Clarion, Sony, Outlaw, VQ, Sparc and Sangean.
- A demonstration of what DTS Connected Radio looks like in New York, Paris, London, Shanghai, Sydney and more locations, as well as how it creates an engaging in-vehicle broadcast radio experience, globally.
Xperi will also feature FotoNation’s Driver Monitoring System (DMS) in its North Hall booth at CES. At the core of FotoNation DMS are leading computer vision technologies that enable attentiveness assessment, fatigue detection and driver drowsiness, as well as cabin security and customization options based on driver identity. On display will be the FotoNation DMS Core Library, fully operating off the Texas Instruments TDA-3x ADAS platform from a single-camera. Demonstrated feature sets include face detection, head positioning in 3D, eye position in 2D and 3D, and eye opening levels, as well as biometrics features including driver identification and authentication technologies.
For more than 20 years, FotoNation has been a global leader in computer vision and computational photography solutions through its innovative technologies that have been deployed in more than 3.3 billion devices worldwide. Additionally, the company has maintained market leadership in the fast-growing facial analytics segment. FotoNation will showcase its latest technologies at CES in the North Hall, #5642 and the Renaissance by appointment, including:
- IrisXR™ – First in its class, highly secure (a false acceptance rate of 1 in 10 million) and with state-of-the-art liveliness detection to prevent spoofing, IrisXR is a product for the AR, VR and MR markets.
- 3D Face Recognition – Tapping into the capabilities of dual camera systems, 3DFR unleashes unprecedented accuracy in liveliness detection.
- Driver Identification – Seamless and accurate in-cabin security and customization options, based on driver identity via iris recognition technology.
- Electronic Image Stabilization – Software-hardware EIS implementation that delivers the best video experience on the move by correcting for six degrees of freedom and all distortion types.
- Face Detection X – Driven by convolutional neural networks (CNN) technology, Face Detection X is FotoNation’s next-generation face analytics technology.
- Image Processing Unit – A fully programmable specialized IP core that delivers more than 20 pre-integrated features. It is highly customizable depending on the targeted market, be it mobile, home or auto.
- VR Portrait Enhancement – FotoNation’s seventh-generation face beautification suite brings together 19 dedicated features that combine the best imaging technologies available for flawless portraits in a spherical VR display space.
Invensas’ DBI® and ZiBond® semiconductor bonding solutions are foundational technologies for next-generation electronics. These solutions currently enable the image sensors in billions of smartphones and tablets around the world. DBI technology is a low-temperature hybrid wafer bonding solution that allows wafers to be bonded with scalable fine pitch 3D electrical interconnect without requiring bond pressure. ZiBond is a low-temperature homogenous direct bonding technology that forms strong bonds between wafers or die with same or different coefficients of thermal expansion (CTE).
At CES, Invensas will showcase its DBI technology in sensor enhancement applications in automotive and mobile devices at the Xperi booth in the North Hall, #5624. The latest Invensas news includes:
- Successful transfer of DBI technology to SMIC, one of the leading semiconductor foundries in the world, and Teledyne DALSA, one of the world’s foremost pure-play MEMS foundries, for image sensor and MEMS devices for mobile, automotive, consumer electronics and other markets.
- Sony‘s back-side illuminated (BSI) image sensor utilizes DBI technology and is integrated into many of the latest premium smartphone models, including the Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus and Apple iPhone X, 8 and 8 Plus.
- Invensas’ bonding technology has been licensed by OmniVison.
- ZiBond technology is used in the industry’s first three-layer stacked CMOS image sensor with DRAM for smartphones from Sony.
- Invensas continues to work closely with MEMS suppliers for ZiBond and DBI adoption in automotive and consumer applications that are expected to be announced shortly.
For more information about Xperi and its subsidiaries, please visit www.xperi.com.
About Xperi Corporation
Xperi Corporation (Nasdaq: XPER) and its brands, DTS, FotoNation, HD Radio, Invensas and Tessera, are dedicated to creating innovative technology solutions that enable extraordinary experiences for people around the world. Xperi’s solutions are licensed by hundreds of leading global partners and have shipped in billions of products in areas including premium audio, automotive, broadcast, computational imaging, computer vision, mobile computing and communications, memory, data storage, and 3D semiconductor interconnect and packaging. For more information, please call 408-321-6000 or visit www.xperi.com.
DTS, FotoNation, HD Radio, Invensas, Xperi and their respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of affiliated companies of Xperi Corporation in the United States and other countries. All other company, brand and product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies.
PR Agency Contact:
The Brand Amp
Nicole Fait, +1-949-438-1104
Xperi PR Contact:
Jordan Miller, +1-818-436-1082
Xperi Investor Relations Contact:
Geri Weinfeld, +1-818-436-1231